Rapid Testing Training
| auteur: Willem ten Brinke
Vervolg op 2011
Na de succesvolle Michael Boltonweek in mei 2011 waarin Bolton op uitnodiging van Immune-IT Nederland heeft bezocht om zijn training Rapid Software Testing (RST) te verzorgen en Testnet te bezoeken, lag het voor de hand om hier een vervolg aan te geven. In november 2011 is Bolton nogmaals naar Nederland gekomen voor wederom een training RST via Immune-IT. Dit jaar is hij opnieuw te gast geweest voor twee trainingen. 21 tot en met 23 mei geeft Bolton de training Rapid Software Testing gegeven. Aansluitend vindt op 24 en 25 mei de training Rapid Test Management plaats.
Rapid Test Managment
Rapid Software Testing for Managers is a course about a mission-focused, credible, and accountable approach to test management that is very fast, very inexpensive, and that delivers excellent results.
- Are you a new test manager?
- Are you an experienced test manager, being pressured to make testing faster and less expensive?
- Are you finding that traditional, "best-practice" approaches to testing are making testing slower and more expensive than your clients demand?
- Are you being asked to manage a test group for an organization that's moving to Scrum or other Agile methodologies?
- Are you a project manager with responsibility for managing or directing an offshore outsource testing group?
- Are you managing an offshore or outsource testing group, and trying to provide the best value for your clients?
- Are you struggling with measuring and managing the performance of your test team?
- Are you finding it difficult to report the status of testing on your project?
- Are you having trouble setting the right balance between planning, documentation, and testing?
- Are you trying to figure out how to recruit, select, or train a skilled and diversified test team?
- Do you want to get very good at managing the software testing effort?
Rapid Software Testing for Managers is designed to help you solve these problems. Building on the Rapid Software Testing course and methodology, this class answers key questions about how to staff, plan, and run testing projects more quickly, less expensively, and entirely accountably. The skills presented in this class are applicable in any kind of test project, from agile to traditional, but will be especially valuable in those projects where time and resources are scarce.
How Is This Course Different?
Rapid Software Testing for Managers (RSTM) is a two-day class, available for individuals or small groups, that builds on the material presented in the three Rapid Software Testing class. In RSTM, we will explore test management, your organization's context and how to respond to it. We'll do the work through a model project that include experiential exercises, puzzles, and scenarios, along with short presentations, conversation, and some actual testing and reporting. The goal of the class is to teach you how to respond to the challenges of chaotic projects in a rapidly changing world.
The target audience for this class is anyone interested in testing leadership. This includes test managers and test leads, and their peers, including development managers, project or program managers, and higher-level managers.
If you want to participate in the Rapid Test Management class, we strongly recommend that you attend the Rapid Software testing training first.
Whether you're experienced or new to test management, we'll explore the challenges of the role and how to work around them. You will practice an alternative to test management approaches that emphasize test cases, wasteful documentation, and bureaucracy. In response to the specific needs of class participants, we'll present elements of Rapid Testing for Managers including:
- How to plan and prepare a test project when product information is incomplete or unreliable
- How to estimate and negotiate for the resources you need
- How to design and defend a rapid, risk-based test strategy
- How to apply exploratory testing approaches that inform incremental planning
- How to establish a productive relationship with programmers
- How to be an effective advocate for testability, testing, and quality
- How to supervise testers and be accountable for their work
- How to create a diversified team and guide its members toward building skill
- How to report project status to indicate progress and prompt the right questions
Participants are required to bring a laptop or tablet computer to search the Web, take notes, and deliver those notes to the instructor.
The cost of the training is EUR 1,095 (excluding 19% VAT), including course materials.
The training will be held at the NBC in Nieuwegein.
Thursday 24 May: 09:00 - 17:00
Friday 25 May: 09:00 - 17:00